Saturday, December 28, 2013

Arizona Tea Flowers

Arizona tea is one of those things that once you try it you want it all the time. There's nothing better than walking into a gas station during the summer and seeing that display of colorful cans just like all the hipster photos I see online (Example). I saved a can a while ago after seeing a few projects using the tin cylinders, rinsed it out and tossed it into the dark abyss called my closet. But this weekend I finally got around actually using my treasured piece of patterned metal, something I could wear made it about ten times better.

Via Pinterest I found this tutorial and it sat in my "Jewelry" board for longer than the empty can sat in my closet; So, a long time. There aren't many written steps but the abstract design of making a flower doesn't require much more than the pictures given. Mine isn't as good as hers but I really think that because its flower shaped it still looks great even if its not as clean cut as the example.


With the addition of hot glue, a small piece of felt, and a clip I made it into a hair clip. 


For me it just screams summer, and reminds me of lots of nice stress free moments and fun events (Concerts and a camping trip are included in that c: ).

-- Shea --

No comments:

Post a Comment